View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:48 AM
MizMelly

I checked in with my mom and sis in north Florida this AM. They are fine, mom is taking it as "just another day". She's funny, having been through hurricanes and tropical storms before. They have no power, but mom has water and her friend came to ride out the storm with her and brought her propane stove, battery radio and a battery charger for their cell phones. She said it wasn't raining at the moment, but still getting gusts of wind. My sister on the other hand is getting the wind worse than mom's area is, and because she has a well, has no power or water. Her husband was required to stay at the senior care center where he works all night, and my sister was alone with all the animals, so she's a bit more rattled by the storm than my mom is. But they are all fine and so far can't assess to see if there is any damage. My sister will probably have tree limbs and debris to clean up because of her property having large trees on it. Mom's doesn't have any, she lives in a retirement community on the other side of town. But happy to report that they are all fine. wondering how folks who live further south are doing? Klaws?