Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Thanks for the idea. I see you are in Florida, are you OK?? We just had a big misty rain here in Northern Indiana and according to the radar it was an outer band from Irma.
Yes, just lost a bit of fencing in my back yard. Got power back on last evening. We were lucky here, for as bad as it hit Miami and others. I'm 25 miles north of Orlando and 25 miles west of Daytona, in Lake Helen; which is very close to DeLand, if you look on the map. DeLand has Stetson U and several other notable places. Lake Helen is a lovely little old town with lots of historic homes and about as close and you can get to Mayberry RFD! We have a grade school, a post office, a bar, many churches, a fire station, a police station, a Handy Way, a little ice cream shop, a pizza shop and a little lake for fishing and picnicking. (We even had a cop here at one time that we nicknamed Barney.) All my neighbors pitched in and helped me out both before and after the storm. Two got groceries for me, two others cleared my outdoor furniture before the storm and cleared debris after, and one brought me supper they cooked on their BBQ grill while the power was out! You can't beat neighbors like that!

Last edited by Just Jan; 09-13-2017 at 09:38 AM.