View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 08:01 AM
KBuchanan

Default 1926 La Vincadora 128 damaged case

I am new here and this is my first post so please bear with me. On Monday I received a La Vincadora 128 Singer knee bar machine. When she sent it, it was in pristine condition but USPS did some damage to it ( a claim is in process). Everything on the machine was fixable with a little TLC (besides having to replace the motor mount). My problem is the case was pretty badly damaged and I would really like to be able to repair it. My original goal before seeing the damage the case took was just to refinish the wood parts of the machine to bring it back to its old glory and I am still planning on doing that. But, first I know have to repair the splinter to the veneer (some that go all the way through to the interior of the case.) I know that when I refinish the case I am going to have to find a new singer decal to replace the one on it and am okay with that. My main problem is I have no clue how to fix the damage that was done and could use some help/tips.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580553[/ATTACH]
one spot from the outside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580554[/ATTACH]
same spot from the inside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580555[/ATTACH]
the second spot on the outside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580556[/ATTACH]
the second spot on the inside (crack outlined in blue for easier visibility)

I could really use all the help I can get to fix this and bring it back its glory.
Also, I would like to know if people prefered sanding or stripping to get the old varnish off.

Thank you for your time,
Kaitlyn
Attached Thumbnails arrival-7-.jpg   inisde-1-.jpg   arrival-6-.jpg   inside-2-edit-.jpg