View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 12:17 PM
lots2do

Default Sewing Space: Plan A to B to C

We are still working on setting up an organized sewing space for me here at our cottage. It's been about two years since we retired and starting living between here and in Florida. Both places are relatively small with this place being more quirky. (It was a very small hunting cabin that over the years was added onto at least twice. For example, one teeny tiny bedroom has a window that opens onto a finished screened in porch).

Plan A was using that teeny tiny bedroom which is about 7'by 9' with a closet that sticks into that space. One drawback was that we'd still need to leave a twin sized bed in the room for guests. Plan B was adding an 8'by10' room onto a storage shed. This one was very appealing in a lot of ways and I was pretty excited about it.

So, Plan C was suggested today. Adding on to our bedroom and making that a sewing nook. It would be about 6'by 6'. (We are also planning on adding a half bath which we really, really need alongside this space).

Decisions will have to be made fairly soon. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the possible change in plans but I've been looking at suggestions made here in other posts.
Advantages: I will be warmer if my space stays inside the house (during the spring and fall when it gets cooler). I can plan the best use of space to become more organized. I can leave out a project and not have to clear a room for a guest. I won't get sprayed by a skunk coming in at night. Okay, that's a slim possibility but could happen.
Any thoughts?