View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
AnnT

I've joined one swap here - The January Doll Quilt swap. It was fun and I really like the one I received. Initially I was hesitant because while I love to sew and have been doing this, that and the other thing for years (including a alteration business and then crafts for shows and consignment) I wasn't sure how my choices in colors/fabrics would be received. No offense to anyone on-board but I felt my quilting skills aren't up to par with some of you and there has been chatter about using only lqs fabrics, that WalMart fabrics are a BIG no-no to some, some folks would never use JoAnn's fabrics... Truthfully those are what I can afford and I will use what I can afford since I enjoy sewing in all it's many forms. I also felt a bit of a time crunch because of some of the things that were/are going on in my life right now. I don't like to feel rushed on any of my projects, I always feel they're not my best work.

I don't know if I would participate again. I don't know if I'd be lucky enough to get another swap partner like Janis.