View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
SazuBMidlands

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I've only done one completed swap and am now in the Farm Swap. The things I got from the fall colors swap were all nice. From what I've seen posted on the Farm Swap, there will be some great blocks coming out of it, too.

I can see how color can be an issue. One person's interpretation of pink and cream is another person's raspberry and white. If a perfect color is important, that can be hard to get.

Mostly, I do the swaps for the fun of being part of the group. We've had so much fun talking back and forth on the Farm Swap thread! At this point, I wouldn't regret sending my blocks in even if I didn't get anything in return. 36 blocks is a small price to pay for the fun and friendship I've had with those ladies.
I agree with Lisa - I love taking part in swaps and feeling like part of a group. Particularly with the swaps on this board I find I've got a lot of encouragement when I've been starting out, and people have been very accepting of my simpler blocks. I'm slowly able to tackle harder blocks because of it.

I only join in centralised swaps, where I send everything to one person, but thats because of postage costs if I started sending one block to a dozen different addresses.