View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Terry in the ADK

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Quilt shops in Ontario, Canada

We just got back from a two day trip to Ottawa, Canada and found several lovely quilt shops. All are kind of off the beaten path and because we like to take back roads, were lucky to find them.
First was Sew Crafty,in Rideau Ferry. What a charming place. The prices were reasonable considering it is based on meters not yards and the exchange is favorable. The shop has an attached cafe for coffee, tea and pastries so the husbands were happy. In the spring and summer, they have a garden shop open as well. A lovely place with gorgeous fabric, interesting patterns and notions. Very friendly shop owner....I hope to return next year.
The next day we literally were on a back road going back to the boarder when we came into Chesterville. Right there on our left was a shop named Flair With Fabrics. So of course we stopped. It is really crammed, in a comfortable way, with lovely fabric, especially some beautiful batiks. Their prices were rather high but they give 20% discount to guide members and when I told them about the guide I belong to, they gave me the discount, no problem. Again We enjoyed Canadian friendliness.
Finally, they told us about yet another shop we were going to pass on our way,Giroux Sewing Center, on the Cornwall Island on the Akwesasne Reservation. Their selection was small but what they had was beautiful.
So if you are visiting Ontario Canada this Fall, be a sure to do some investigating. Oh and visit the Mosaicanada in Ottawa (Gatineau).....it is amazing!
Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!