View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 07:16 AM
elnan

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Hi everyone,
I learned to quilt in the 80's and that was predominately the way things were quilted. I still love the relaxation and beauty of hand quilting but am learning FMQ because it's pretty in a different way and I have more ideas than time

I was wondering how many of us still hand quilt? I use a leather thimble. It's the only one that has ever worked for me, and a hoop, but there are a million different ways. I usually do it in the cooler weather as well.

So do you hand quilt?
Big Stitch is something that has interested me for a long time, just never got around to it. I have a need for many "round toits". Have you checked out the website of Sherri Noel? You can find her work and advice at RebeccaMaeDesigns.com

Several years ago, either "Threads" or "Piecework" carried a feature on making your own leather thimble. I believe it can still be found online.

Yes, it is still available online at Taunton Press. You don't need to buy the back issue. "At last, the perfect thimble." Threads issue #87, pp 54-55 for the instructions on making your own leather thimble.

Last edited by elnan; 09-22-2017 at 07:28 AM. Reason: additional info, and correct spelling