View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 01:54 PM
djmat

re: Houston International Quilt Show posting:

Native Houstonian here. Suggest staying at walkable downtown hotels, lot of construction, er ugh, reconstruction right now.
Please wear comfy shoes & plan ahead what you must see because it there is so much to view. The last time I went home for the show there was a four seasons silk quilt from Japan that took up four walls, one for each season - it took my breath away! You may want to buy a program in case things get rearranged prior to printing. Book classes early. Bring a sack lunch or check out the nearby restaurants, including the rotating Spindletop for city views. The city library is full of quilting books, one year their book sale coincided with the show & I found several Thimbleberries & Carol Doaks books that I had been wanting for quite sometime. Note that the local quilt shops have fewer customers or are closed because they are at the show. My favorite LQS is off 11th St near Yale in The Heights (a quaint Victorian neighborhood near downtown). Y'all remember to hydrate even in November in Texas! Hope you have a lot of fun! Oh, the things you'll see!!!
I wish I could go this year but our family is planning Thanksgiving/Family Reunion in Dripping Springs so I must save my money for that trip & hopefully some Texas themed fabric.
hugs,
dj

sorry don't know why the bold showed up. Y'all have fun!