View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 02:28 PM
cashs_mom

As far as I know the show is on. I just got an email from Quilts Inc that puts on the show about it. There is a lot of construction downtown. I live here and go every year.

It's probably too late to book a room downtown now, but you could try. Ditto for classes. You usually have to plan ahead for that. You might be able to find a room farther out and drive in. Since you're from SA, I assume you'll be driving here anyway so won't have to worry about rental cars. They're probably scarce with all the cars that were flooded during Harvey.

I second wearing comfortable shoes. I wear a Fitbit and logged over 15,000 steps each day at Quilt Fest last year. Also, rolling carts usually aren't allowed on the floor at the show. Bring a big tote bag and an extra one to check when you have too much. It's only a dollar to check a bag. There's usually a place on the floor to check bags and one upstairs.

Also bring a camera or tablet to take pics. The quilts are really amazing. There are areas where no photography is allowed so you have to watch for that and I ask the vendors if I can take a picture before I do.

There's usually a good selection of food. I have lots of food sensitivities and so my diet is limited. I just bring my own and my something to drink. I also bring a bottle of water to start. It's expensive at the show.

If you can plan to stay at least 2 days. I usually go down 3 days and it's barely enough to see all that I want to see and do a bit of shopping.