Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
BrendaB

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

[quote=carolevidak]Hi Brenda, Yes, the points are for WW. That is what I am doing without going to the meetings. It really bugs me that if you do not go to a meeting you still have to pay. We have a motor home and do travel a bit - so I can't see the point in going. But the program is good - you just have to stay on it.

What program are you on - or are you counting calories?
Whatever you are doing just take it one day at a time - What day did you pick for your weigh in? Mine is Thursday -tomorrow. I hope it is a loss for me.

Good luck on whatever your goal is!!!!

Carole[/quote

I am hoping you have a loss to report tomorrow too and feeling very positive about it. :-)

A big problem for me with weight loss is trying to decide what to do and then stay with it. I don't have time to go to meetings, and just plain don't wanna. :-) So far, this time, I'm working on making better/healthier choices, cutting down on portions, watching fats, calories, and carbs, and still working on the exercise part.

I am weighing in on Mondays. Maybe I will switch to Thursdays too. After the weekend is not the best time to weigh in. I can be good all week and blow it on Sunday night, especially with salt, which doesn't look good on Monday. :-(

I am not a meat eater. I work a lot of hours, and don't take time to prepare things for myself (DH and the 2 DS's who are here now are meat eaters), so quick and easy is my downfall. I'm keeping fruit, salad, tuna, yogurt, oatmeal, soy milk, Instant Breakfast, and Cream of Wheat on hand. Whenever I do prepare something for me, the guys go for that first and I'm back and square one, hunting something quick and easy. They are like human vacuums! I made them a huge pot of chili (which I don't eat) a couple days ago, and it was gone in a day and a half! The things I can think of to fix ahead for myself are rice and pasta, which aren't usually foods associated with weight loss. I have about 70 pounds to lose. Some days, everything seems overwelming, but I like your advice and will try to remember during the down times, "take it one day at a time." Thanks, and I'm keeping my hopes up for your weigh in tomorrow. :-)