View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Suz

We moved to this rancher home a little of a year ago. When we moved, things, particularly in my sewing room, just got stuffed wherever they could hide. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my husband died this past March. Now I am going into those hiding places and now trying to find proper homes for each.

Unfortunately/fortunately?? John had just been diagnosed with bone cancer which I have learned is the most painful of the cancers. He would not have taken treatment. My neighbor's father had 9 broken bones in his back when he died. I, at 80, would not have been able to take care of him when bones started to break and obviously, there would have been so much pain, then maybe morphine, hospice, nursing home, etc. -- The Bible says that the Father will dispatch the angels to accompany the departed into the throne room of the Father. I miss him so much but I also know that one day I will see again.

I am so thankful for this forum and the ability to quilt. Needless to say, I have quilting to keep me busy.