View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Irishrose2

With one exception, I don't quilt closely, so most of mine are cuddly, but my favorite had a plushy batting from Hobbs. As soon as I use up some of my stash, I want some more. The cuddliest? Not a quilt, but a mandala printed throw with light batting and fleece on the back. I did two at Christmas and had a hard time wrapping them.

I quilted a wallhanging closely just to see if I liked it and I couldn't get out of the house fast enough. My oldest daughter loves it so it's it on her sewing room wall. She indicated she'd like a quilt done like that. I told her she could borrow a 301 and learn to do it herself, because it's a never again for me. It was not cuddly!!!

Edited to add; When they leave me they belong to the recipient and hopefully will be well used. One grandson is using his Quilt of Valor for his dog's bed. When his mother talked to him about it, he said Zeus is his baby and deserves the best, plus grandma is a dog lover and she won't care. He's right. On the other hand when he receives the Tree of Life quilt currently on the machine that is his wedding gift, I don't expect to see it on the floor.

Last edited by Irishrose2; 09-29-2017 at 03:35 PM.