View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 09:01 AM
cranberry

Thank you for replies.
The light on the 9400 is certainly appealing. Lighting has become an issue for me over the past several years. That machine just has a lot of nice features in general though. The Juki has poor lighting and they did not address that with the new model. Even the young women in our guild use extra lighting with them.
What does "auto presser foot" mean exactly? Are they easier to use somehow? The presser foot is not really something that has bothered me. Other machine functions, I wish for something better or different, but that is not one of them. Maybe that's just a failure of imagination!
Dolphyngyrl, Do you find the multifunctional Brothers - sew, embroider, quilt - do all three well? Does having embroidery on a machine make using it for quilting more complicated? (does that bar on the left come off?) I don't see doing embroidery for now but would not rule it out for later. That muvit foot is very intriguing, but I wonder if the little belt wears down over time so that it doesn't grip well anymore.