View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 04:51 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Is the shaded ombre fabric going to be your outside border?

I can - sort of - see why you chose it - it does pick up the red, blue, and purple colors of the flowers.

The following is MY opinion only:

I think the ombre looks very "heavy" and "grubby/murky" compared to the freshness and lightness of the floral print - which I like.

The outside border print makes me think of sunsets reflecting off dark water.

I also think the black (?) or is it dark brown (?) framing the out side squares is "heavy" with the floral print.

If I block off the dark framed squares and the ombre border fabric, the tan/gold looks better to me than the black or border print - because it is "lighter" feeling and the tone is closer to what the flowers are.

If it was mine, I think I might consider using some green that is similar to the darker green tones in the floral print - that would "anchor" the floral print and still not look "heavy" or "murky"

What were your thoughts for the binding?

Again - only my opinion. I don't know how much fabric you have available - or your thoughts on a total reworking of the project.

Bottom line - to me, the gold/tan (by itself) looks good with the floral print. Or possibly, replace the gold with a green, and replace the black with the tan/gold, and find something else for the outside border.

I do like the floral print. It's bright, cheerful, and fresh looking.