View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:10 PM
SusieQOH
Power Poster

I got the following response:

Wow.

The design of the Spiral Eye is meant to lock the thread inside the eye as you stitch.... Let me ask some questions.

Are you left handed.? (Lefties seem to have more issues for some reason so I always ask that first)

When you stitch do you pull the thread horizontally or do you make a u shaped upward movement? That has been a reason for uthreading...must cause the thread to loosen at just tge right time when the needle is turned. Some people who do this movement find they need to hold the needle at the eye when they pull. That means their fingers kind of pinch over the eye when they pull.

Does it come unthreaded all the time or just at a specific point?

As to the sheding..that can be caused from that can be from a few reasons.

The first would be around the thread. Because the eye of my needle hast to be cut vs. Stamped it is possible the tumbling and recurring process did not knock off the edge good enough or it left a burr inside of the eye. Either way, you can try threading dental floss through the eye and sewing a few stitches to see if you can smooth it out. This is not a common problem but I have heard of it a few times.

Or it could be the thread. Are you using a silk thread or some other delicate thread? That combined with a burr would explain it.

Please let me know if my suggestions don't help.

Pam

My response:

I'm not left-handed. The thread comes out when I insert the needle in the fabric. I was using regular sewing thread. I use a running stitch.

Gay- I only bought one needle so I don't have another to compare it to.

I'm going to try her suggestions.

Last edited by SusieQOH; 10-03-2017 at 08:13 PM.