View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 AM
ekuw

Default Green Quilt finally finished!

This one took me longer to quilt than it should have. For the actual quilting I usually have a starting point for the motif/pattern I want to do, but really didn't for this one. I SITD around the stars & squares first. I should have probably just left the square in the squares that way, but then decided to quilt the swirls in the middle. Once I did that I realized it flattened out the square and that if I quilted around the rest of the square too much the whole block would just have too much quilting in it. I reached out to the board for suggestions and I must give a shout out to QuiltnNan for her suggestion of the tilted square. That let me quilt around the swirl, but not so much quilting in the overall block. Since I had a swirl thing going I decided to quilt smaller swirls around the stars to match. I try to do something new on each quilt I make and I've not done those background swirls before. Now that this one's done, I should have keep the "less is more" theory in mind from the beginning :-)[ATTACH=CONFIG]581758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]581759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]581760[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails green-q-2.jpg   close-up-green.jpg   back-green-q.jpg