View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
alaskasunshine

Ok. I got a call today from a young airman we adopted in November of 2004 as we were coming back from a cancer surgey in Texas. He was seated next to us on the plane. Long story short today he called me to ask if we would marry he and his fiance' in our home on Saturday...THIS SATURDAY!!! I told him to call my husband and ask to meet him in the parking lot of his work to ask him in person. Well Dan spoke with my husband and it's a go! Crazy news is I will be having surgery on Friday...just the day before...oh geez. This is crazy huh!?

So, any pointers?

Here in Alaska a person is able to officiate only one wedding in their life time so this is it. How excited are we? CRAZY excited. He is stationed in Japan and his fianc is from China. Her parents won't be here and his aprents won't be here. Truely breaks our heart. They will have a huge family wedding sometime during the summer in New York where Dan's family is. We are his Alaska Mom & Dad. We are so honored :shock:

I will be meeting her tomorrow @ 8 am and I'll have plenty of questions for her, truely I am thrilled to pieces. Dan is such a sweetie and I am sure she is just as sweet...she better be! LOL

Have any of you done this? Got any quickie pointers? HELP