Old 02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Rachelcb80

I actually just got my machine back today from my dealers. They wanted to give it an overall checking just to make sure nothing else was the issue. Everything checked out except my needle height. Apparently it was off, but only by 3/10 of a mm. Not enough that they thought it should make a difference.

I've been using Mettler thread but I bought some King Tut the other day, and I think I'll try Isacord after reading this. I have some Bottom Line on the way for my bobbin as well.

Like Sara's, my machine is 100% with every foot but the BSR, and the BSR was only an issue on the pinwheel part of my quilt. I quilted the whole border without skipping a single stitch. The Bernina is such a nice machine, FMQ'ing (without the BSR) is fairly easy on it, but the BSR is like cruise control on a car. It's nice to sit back and not think about what you're doing. LoL So I hope I can have it work consistently for me. Sounds like Bernina might need to look into a possible design issue though.

Good to know about the foot pressure. I've been setting it at 0 like the manual said, but I will try setting it higher and see if that helps.

Thanks for sharing ladies!