Old 10-09-2017, 04:11 AM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
I agree! Its cheerful-especially on this cool, rainy day!
Thanks. I saved one 'ugly' block and will finish it into a table topper. I like my new black and yellow blocks much better. I'm making them into a lap quilt. Added corners to make them "Square in a Square" and will use six blocks, three of each kind. If anybody else wants to add corners, you cut two 11.5" squares each once diagonally. It will make my blocks appear set on point but they will actually be set straight 2 across x 3 down. Haven't decided on border yet.
OH MY GOSH! These runners getting posted just keep getting prettier and prettier! Theresa encouraged me to buy the free motion rulers like she bought, but I haven't received them yet. They should arrive this week. Think I'll take her idea and use them to experiment on my ugly block. If I do ok, maybe I'll use them to quilt the lap quilt. Haven't done free motion quilting so I'm anxious to try it. Took a class long ago but never really did any more after that. I'm hoping these rulers and Theresa's quilting will inspire me! I love every runner I've seen so far. Each is prettier than the next! Thanks, Judy, for another beautiful mystery design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581984[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]581985[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mystery-star.jpg   mystery-house-block.jpg