View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 06:53 AM
muttlesslove

Default a Very New Beginner...

Hello all. We were blessed to have our first grandson 3 months ago and of course I wanted to make him a quilt. I barely even sew but I gave it a try. I have been a paper crafter for years and thought I could make this quilt. I attended a quilt show in Dallas and bought a kit. I finished the quilt with Lots of mistakes but hey, it was my first one. LOL I don't think the quilt police will be at my home anytime soon. I am turning one of our spare rooms into my sewing room. I have a room for my paper crafts but I can't get my sewing stuff in there. Needless to say I am Hooked. I want to make quilts for both of my sisters, my 2 daughters, my bestie....well you get it.
So this is where you come in. I was searching for a sewing machine to buy because of course I Need a new machine...I stumbled upon this board and now I am more confused as ever as to what machine to buy. I've narrowed it down to either a Juki Exceed F600, Janome 4120 QDC-B or Husquvarna Opal 690Q. I can't afford a Bernina, which looks like a FABULOUS machine but I'll need to win the lottery for that one. Anyway, any and All help will be much appreciated. I have been married for 39 years, an empty nester, an avid animal advocate and now a new grandma and wanna be quilter.
Much love, Mary in Texas

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-09-2017 at 07:30 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS