Thread: batting
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
SuziSew

Susie,

You don't say where you are located but you might trying to contact a local guild and or quilt shop, for several reasons. They may be able to offer the ladies free basic quilting lessons, sounds like some might need it. Perhaps they might be willing to supply walking feet for a discount or free. You may be able to get some donated supplies since it's all for charity. I'd also check with local stores that take donations (i.e. Goodwill) and see if they will call you if they get in sewing supplies/fabric so you get first look. See if the local quilt shop has a bulletin board that you can request donations. People are all the time downsizing, or getting rid of the "why did I buy this" fabrics.

I agree with the others as far as the batting, you need to pin it or baste it to keep it from shifting and stretching. (by the way turning it inside out is considered birthing, not sure if that was clarified in the other posts)

Lastly I wanted to say welcome to the quilt board and thank you for giving your time to help others.