View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
b.zang

Doesn't that just bite - knowing where your stuff is and not being allowed to get it! My ex is a firefighter and always had lots of good reasons, but there's risk management and there's unreasonable. Why didn't you just climb up into the cab of one of those nine trucks and get cozy? ;-)

Schools burning are not fun. We lost two in very short order where I used to live. When the first one burned, my first thought was "good, all those flies are taken care of", not very gracious. (I had just finished a student teaching practicum in the school and dead flies used to fall out of the light fixtures onto the kids. Gross.) When the second school burned, I had a great view of it out my window and there's a very sick feeling in your stomach when witnessing something like that.

If you think your school might burn, I strongly suggest that you itemize all your personal items stored at the school. If you have materials you can't replace, take them home. The hardest thing about the schools burning was teachers trying to replace their teaching materials. We had city-wide sharing going on, but you still don't quite recover.