View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 04:53 AM
eparys

While I can not comment on either machine as I have not sewn on either, I do have some advice about purchasing as I worked for Viking Husquavarna for a couple of years.

If you are looking at new machines, do not hesitate to try and negotiate the sticker price. If they are firm on their price, haggle for extra feet, single hole needle plate etc ... They make good machines but I will tell you Pfaff (with their IDT option), Babylock and Bernina (which is pricy) do as well. I am a Pfaff fan because of the IDT (integrated dual feed) which is excellent on multiple thick layers.

If you are a seasoned sewer and can learn the machine from the users manual, you might look on craigslist. There are a lot of excellent machines out there that are almost brand new at a lower cost than purchasing new. If you do look at used machines, bring with you some scrap fleece so you get a sense of how the machine handles the thicknesses you sew through. I have bought my last three machines off of Craigslist with great luck.

Good luck in your search!!