View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 AM
themadpatter

Default One can only laugh

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the main forum, so I chose here, since its not exactly quilting oriented, per se.

OMG, I am so slow sometimes, I make myself laugh. I've always struggled when sewing on buttons with my Necchi Supernova, because the fabric would catch on the feed dogs and make the button pop off, etc., etc., etc. After about 45 years of using this machine, and 22 of it being my everyday go-to, I JUST NOW realized I could drop the feed dogs. Doh. Oh, and that it might be easier if I use the special button sewing foot that comes with the machine. I might have to change my name to Homer Simpson. I'm such a railroad tracks thinker sometimes. I do what it says, and don't think for a minute I might do other than what the manual says. I'm like the classic Einstein quote - doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. But anytime I want to think of an alternative, I'm Joe (sephine) Creative Thinking. Weird.

This amazing flash of insight and brilliance was triggered by telling a new NSnUM2 owner how to use the stitch width lever. Ermagerd.