Old 10-15-2017, 06:46 PM
mountainwoman

Default The New Singer Featherweight C240 Sewing Machine

Knowing absolutely nothing about vintage sewing machines, I found the Singer Featherweight sewing machines of the past to be quite interesting. I learned about them in one of the books from Carol Dean Jones' Quilting Cozy mystery series, and so I a bit of research; I can see why they were so popular. Much to my surprise, just a couple of months ago, I came across an advertisement for a new sewing machine by Singer. Capitalizing, I presume, on the famous "Featherweight" name, the new one is called the Featherweight C240. I is touted to be the "featherweight" with modern-day features; it weighs in a bit heavier than the original ones, but is still under or at 15 lbs with a compact design. It does appear to be, at least for me, the perfect machine for taking to my quilting group or to a class, and I guess I like the nostalgia involved. Alas, it is way too expensive! Amazon has it on sale for $499.00 -the original price being $799.00! I wouldn't pay this for a machine I would only use occasionally, but if the price doesn't turn people off too much, I think it will come down significantly in price over the next year or two.

Have any of you heard of, seen, or purchased the Featherweight C240? I am curious about any comments you might want to make.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-26-2019 at 06:08 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps