View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM
dgmoby

I know when using in a longarm, they become worn around the edges, and I have to replace it. You can try giving them a 'haircut' once, but that's about all. A drop of oil on the inside will keep them working a tad longer...and yes, that's why they come in packages of 10 - they don't last forever :) But they do last for a long time.

Since I bought the first (and only) package, I've learned that if you will adjust the bobbin backlash spring (found on the flat side of the bobbin) it pushes out your bobbin just a tad, and that stops any problems.

It's not the static so much, it is the backlash that is occurring and causing a problem. The bobbin over-rotates backward when coming to a stop, rather than just stopping, causing a build up of thread. I suppose there could be some static created in this process, but it's really the backlash that is usually the problem. The extra depth of the bobbin genie pushes the bobbin out just enough, when placed inside the machine, for the bobbin to stop correctly. Once you adjust the backlash screw, the bobbin will stop when it's supposed to, and the problem is solved. That's why that screw is there. It's another tension adjust on the bobbin that most people aren't aware of.

Once I adjusted the backlash screw, it solved my problems. Just turn 5 minutes worth, then test, and keep doing until it's perfect stitches. Done!

And for a new machine - take that baby back to the dealer and have them adjust it! You shouldn't be having any problems with it.

Just my thoughts...