Thread: seams
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
zyxquilts

Hi Ina - One other thing that helps me when matching corners & seams - it sounds like you are already 'nestling' them with one seam going one way & one the other...now when you sew, try to have the seams on top pointing toward your needle. That way when you sew over it, it will 'push' towards the other seam instead of pull away from it. Does that make sense? I know it isn't alway possible for them to lay that way, but it does help. I also use a sort of 3 pin method - first I line up the seams, and I 'stab' one pin thru' the seams, making sure I've got it right thru the seam on the bottom too. While that one is sticking there, I then put a pin on each side of it (or one of Yvonne's 2 pronged pins!), then remove the first 'stabbed' in pin. It does take a bit longer, but I'm usually happy with the results! (It's one of the few things I'm picky about when quilting - my first quilt, when I couldn't get them to match, I ended up stitching over the intersections by hand & THEN by machine! LOL NEVER again!!)
sue
[quote]