Old 10-18-2017, 01:28 AM
themadpatter

One of my closest friends at work was pregnant, and all of us cooperated on a quilt for her. Everyone made blocks, and I needlepointed the center square with his name on it. Brandon Takahashi Lim spaced perfectly around the center block. One day we were setting up the dining room, and I asked her now, what's the baby's name gonna be? "Brandon Takahashi Woo Gee Lim." Had to really try not to scream out, "What??? Where did those extra names come from???" I calmly said, "Uh, I thought it was only blah, where'd that Woo Gee part come from?" "Oh, that's (some explanation of its for the Chinese Grandparents' first grandson or something.) Big sigh of relief. And now, on the the binding and the sashes for the squares. What's your favorite color? Bright yellow and black, used together. Oh, good God, how am I going to get that to go with the baby quilt squares everyone already made??? I usede black seam binding around the squares, and bright yellow sashes, and honestly, it was gorgeous. And she Loved it! I went over to see her one day, and she proudly showed me how she had it hung on the wall over the crib. "And I'm going to tell him if he even touches it, I will kill him!" He's probably around 30 or so now, and I hope he hasn't used it for target practice or something. I guess the best thing is to just give them away, and try not to look. Like when we send our kids out into the world. Yeah, but if I make a quilt for my son, it had better not end up in the mud. Just sayin'.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-18-2017 at 02:56 AM. Reason: remove all caps