Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 AM
laparshall

Originally Posted by lhavelka
I also found this quiz as to how many points you should be eating: WW Quiz
That is the formula for figuring out your points from a page in WW pocket guide. You add all of those items up and that gives you your point per day. Plus the 35 per week. (I'm not sure why they give you those points either, but there are days when I sure am glad that I have them.) You also earn points for activity.

It is pretty easy to follow the program when you have support. The meetings are pricey, but I find that they are worth it to learn how the program works. Once you reach your goal weight and if you maintain it, you become a lifetime member and the meetings are free. (everyone's goal)
We have people who have signed up online come to our meetings, because they require the face to face support with the other members.
Also you can walk into a Weight Watchers center, and purchase the books that list the points values of many foods. They also have snacks and other items for sale. This stuff is pretty pricey too, but if you got yourself a book with point values, you would be able to do alot. My daughter downloaded an "App" to her phone that is a WW points calculator (free). They also sell a points calculator at WW ($10).

You can also purchase WW foods, snacks, icecream, etc at the grocery store. However, the items you can purchase at the meeting centers is not available at the grocery stores and vice versa. Most of the snacks, cookies and other things we have purchased are very tastey and usually are within the 1 to 3 point range.

We have a few people on here who follow the WW program, so you would be able to get a lot of info and support without actually going to meetings. Good luck to you. Let us know if we can help.