View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 05:56 PM
givio

Belfrybat, I was able to get a tracking number for my self-addressed return priority envelope. The postman used a black marker to cross out the envelope's bar code, then he used a bar code sticker he took from his drawer to stick over the original printed bar code. He scanned the sticker bar code, charged me for the stamps, and circled the tracking number on my receipt, which also indicated the tracked package was going to my home location. This method worked fine and I could track the return package. I think you just have to write your address on the envelope, and ask for return tracking of it. Or-- maybe I just have a sweet postman?

I don't prefer white/on white or white/on off-white/cream fabric. 'Cream colored' can have a wide range, depending on someone's interpretation: off-white, beige, light tan, taupe, etc. Do you mean a solid cream fabric? Or a blender? Blenders or neutral prints often give a nice interest. Whatever is chosen, the background is sure not to match up from quilter to quilter anyway! It's just a case of if you like how the finished blocks play together, or not. In the end, it's always personal opinion...

Some of the most common backgrounds are white or cream. Would you consider something different for a change? Pale blue instead? Like the sky! Or pale green? Like the new plants of Spring! Or pale yellow? Like sunshine!

I love this pattern! I agree, there surely are lots of variations. If you are considering embroidery or appliqued centers, probably any size pieces to make the block would be fine-- as the blocks might not all be the same anyway, considering these other additions. But if you want all the churn dash patterns to be the same, then specific measurements need to be given...

Floral fabric sounds like a lovely option! I agree, with a two color option there will be people who either don't have the color, or don't like it. I love the scrappy look of various prints. So, I'd vote for any print goes. The churn dash is not a complicated block. This is only 17 pieces in a 12" block. Maybe it would be fun to have the freedom to use more than one print? For example the triangles one color and the bricks another color.