Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 AM
nativetexan
Power Poster

Well last night a lady showed up. A semi relative by marriage to Don. She lost her job and wants to come rent our basement!!! Now if she could find room in it, she might be welcome.
But the main problem is she has an old large dog. Nice dog but we have three cats who wouldn’t like their lives being disrupted. Their potties are downstairs!
She stayed with us several months years ago when she first came here from Kentucky. She is a large girl, almost ate us out of house and home. Took long showers at 4 a.m, then took a dinner size plate of Don’s hash browns downstairs to eat before coming up for the day.
I don’t look forward to this again. Our house is full of stuff I’d have to move and the dog thing won’t go away. She wants to rent. Yeah, how much? Less than renting a house for sure.
Don doesn’t want to do it and neither do I. but we have to tell her.
This will get around to the relatives that we are terrible people but she’s the kind who latches onto people and inserts herself in their plans, etc. So maybe they won’t believe her too much.
I feel for her but really don’t want to get into this again. We are too old and tired and I can’t clean up at all right now due to my back. i had a bad fall and can't even bend over or sleep in bed.
So what do we say??