View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Mygirladdy

Default Inherited quilts

My mom recently passed away and I was given her trunk. In it I find several quilts that my great grandmother made. Nothing fancy, she was a "back on the farm" kinda girl and if I am correct (I will never know) the fabric used were scraps of whatever she had to work with at the time. Hand sewn and hand quilted. Also in there, from my grandmother (whom I learned everything I know about sewing) was a crazy quilt. I vaguely remember her working on this. Traditional black satin fabric, very bright blocks and thread. And she embroidered the names of everyone in our family on it! It's gorgeous! It's at least 50 yrs old.
Now I just don't know what to do with them. I have no idea how long they had been stored in my mom's trunk. Many many years. Now they are stored in my trunk which one day my daughter will have and she will take them out and say how beautiful they are and put them back in like I have done.

So my question is, if you have old quilts, what have you done with them? It seems such a waste for them to spend another 30+ yrs stored away.