View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Skeat

Janeen...Here is my 2cents!:))First...a friend of 50yrs plus is amazing!! Now...as far as walking in her house and seeing the quilt drapped on the couch...(I would have had a cow!! W/a poker face!) But, honestly when someone does not do our art...they have no idea how much time or money is invested!! If she did...I'm sure it would not be on the couch. Her thinking is it is pretty and loves for it to be seen...just not the way you or I would think it to be:)). Since you did not say anything....here's what I'd do...I'd either go buy her a 'throw' that is nice for her couch and then show up for coffee and always choc. chip cookies:)) And, I'd explain to her you bought a throw to match her living room and then nicely explain the 'value' of that quilt. How much money do you have in it alone would shock her! Or, do as I would at this point...nothing!! When I give a good gift...I also include a letter of care instructions and value. Reason being...you avoid this kind of thing. Now, remember...it is a gift and it is given freely...w/no stipulations. If she wants to put it on her couch...then so be it. The thing about our art is we enjoy doing it...moments like these just give us an opportunity to make more:))LOL Just remember...DO NOT take this personal...I'm sure she does not mean it to be a bad thing towards you...again, she must LOVE what you did to showcase it for all to see. And, in that thought and thinking...you should feel honored!! Skeat