View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Kassaundra

I've been reading this thread since it's beginning. I haven't made any comments to this point. I have participated in several swaps on this board and on a chicken board I am pretty active on. On this board I have participated in the Boom swaps for about 3 years, several mug rug swaps, and a couple of wall hanging swaps. On the other board, I have participated in fall color, chicken, underground railroad, and about 3 other specific block swaps (and a few crocheted block swaps). I listed the swaps so you understand I have participated in more then one. In all these swaps by far the majority of the blocks have been nicely made w/ good fabric. I have only received under 5 (of well over 100) that were unusable, and another less then 5 that needed a little rework to be usable. I have had more then this w/ cut off points, but every swap I have participated in has been up front and clear all skill levels were welcome, while I would prefer not to have cut off points, if I play w/ all skill levels I know going in this is a possibility. I have seen some quilters really grow and expand b/c of playing in the swaps, they get blocks back that inspire them to improve for the next swap. Especially in the Boom swaps those ladies I consider my friends we share our lives good and bad, we laugh and cry w/ each other. We have a core group that play in every boom, and others that come and go as they can.
Here are some of my finishes from swaps

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583055[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583059[/ATTACH]
This last one isn't finished yet, but close.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0153.jpg   dsc_0155.jpg   dsc_1180.jpg   dsc_1196.jpg   asw.jpg