View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 07:06 PM
givio

Since jaba has asked a question to all, I'll give my reply... lol

There were a significant number of comments in the Orange Swap regarding the use of holiday fabrics. People asked about it, and some indicated they would sit out on that swap if it meant a lot of Halloween fabrics. A comment was also made regarding 'red' and that it didn't mean Christmas. :-)

I didn't think it was out of place for the comments to made in the Orange Swap. After they were made, it helped some to decide whether or not to participate. It probably helped others to decide what type of fabric they would send as well! If the only 80% red fabric in your stash is holiday fabric, and you don't want to buy any red neutral-themed fabric, it's okay to post that situation. I think it's acceptable to have more information-- it's nice to discuss the issue, so people can decide if they want to sit out or not.

With the hundreds of possible choices for a fabric with 80% of one color, there shouldn't be any trouble finding enough choices for this type of swap that is only calling for 15 fabric prints. There are people who don't want, or won't use, various holiday fabrics. Why send a specific print if it makes even one person in the group unhappy? I would rather not, so I can try to please everyone. :-)

Last edited by givio; 10-27-2017 at 07:20 PM.