View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 08:07 AM
IAmCatOwned

Kassaundra, that top quilt is marvelous! I love how your quilting accentuates the blocks! Also such a clever way to include the blocks that were left over. I will do that next time!

I love swaps although I haven't participated for awhile because I can't meet deadlines and currently have no sewing space. Hopefully, that issue will be fixed over the winter as we eliminate a ton of stuff. The thing is that I can't really afford to participate any longer either here or at my other quilting place primarily due to the cost of fabric. Most of the swaps don't allow me to use what fabric I have on hand. I don't mind buying solid background fabric, but then there are requirements that eliminate fabric I own and/or require me to buy batiks (which I won't). To actually make the quilt, I have to buy yet more fabric because what I have won't work with the swap blocks I end up with. So other than kitty cat block swaps, I'm out. For now.

And as an FYI - if you have mis-sized blocks from a swap, sashing will fix most ills. I just sash them all, take my ruler and cut them all to one size. I have never concerned myself with cut off points because I've never noticed them after I finished the quilt. Alternatively, you can do what Kassaundra did and make a beautiful back with those that don't quite work.