View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:34 AM
quiltlady1941

Default needle size?? help please

I am not sure what the numbers on a machine needle stand for, I know they are the size of the needle, I was told to use a larger needle on my Brother VQ2400 as I was breaking thread and a lot of skipped stitches when FMQ..

What is the number of a larger needle? Is there a chart that would tell you what needle to use when called for a large needle.

Also can someone explain how the numbers work on a needle and what the numbers stand for, like a needle that said 90/14, 75/11, 80/12, etc; what does the top number stand for and what does the bottom number stand for?When the top number is larger does that determine the size of the needle? So if it said 90/14 and 100/14 the 100 would be the bigger needle?

I really would like to know what the difference a universal 90/14 or a stretch 90/14 or a embroidery 90/14 are they all the same? I tried looking at each needle with this number and they all look pretty much the same. I am really mixed up on this needle size thing, any help would be great, Thanks