Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
watterstide

After a person (family member) lived with us 6 months..we decided to tell them ,as they were moving out, that they could not come back.(they fly back and forth on a 6 month visa)
We relished our time alone and with joe's hours, we just didn't have much of that anymore. Besides, they both chain-smoked, and it drove my husband nuts..it came up through the vents. and his clothes smelled like ciggys.joe never smoked, and i smoke a little bit, but i smoke outside,even in the winter if i wanted one bad enough.
My utilities doubled..we bought a smoke eater for the basement but they didn't want to use it,because it was to noisey. I hired an electrician, and had it hardwired to the outlet, and took off the knob, so they couldn't turn it off.
right then and there, i told everyone that "if i ain't sleeping with ya, you can't live with me!" ROFL
we also got rid of the spare bed and got an aero bed, for when my kids come home to visit, from texas and florida.
that was 2 years ago. we just rescently got a full size bed, in an empty room that my grandson uses when i babysit.
just be honest with her..live is too short to do things you don't have to do, because others will judge you. Who cares what they think..they don't have to live with her! Kim