Old 10-31-2017, 10:48 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I've never done a Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt but as I looked at her site I see that she has groups of color pallets. She has aqua to turquoise, warm & toasty browns (chocolate), coral to melon, white to cream to beige. So does she use all those color pallets or is she giving you suggestions as to what group you might like to make your quilt from? In other words, is she saying you could make the quilt with aqua to turquoise & another quilter might like to make her quilt using coral to melon colors, etc. I'm not sure I understand what she is saying with the colors. Thanks!
So we have a four color quilt (including the neutrals), or you could look at it as values. As I see it (from turning her photos to black and white), we have one dark (the brown), two mediums (the corals and blues) and one light (the neutrals). So you could choose any group of colors with a dark, 2 mediums and a light, depending on your taste and/or what's in your stash. You could do different colors, as Bonnie has, or a monotone (is that the correct term?), with different values of the same color.