Old 11-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Sewnoma

I'd been saving them "just in case", but now that I'm really trying to get rid of a lot of extra "stuff" in my life, I've pulled all of my spares and doubles and things I'm sure I'll never use into a big box and invited my quilty and crafty friends to come and take whatever they like. It was a surprisingly large box (wasn't all quilting stuff), but one of my scrapbooking/papercrafting friends who recently lost everything in the local fires claimed most of it, so that felt doubly good. Good to see all the extra stuff go away, and good to see it go to someone who would definitely get use out of it.

Anything my friends don't want, I will donate to a thrift shop in the next town over that specializes in reselling fabric and sewing supplies for the benefit of the local senior center. But there's very little left!

Anything damaged or not working I would have tossed right away - I'm somewhat of a hoarder, but always been pretty good at throwing truly useless things out. Bad tools are a pet peeve, I won't tolerate it!