View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Sewnoma

I started experimenting with making fabric beads out of my little scraps, but I didn't get far before I got interrupted.

I was inspired by paper beads - I used to make those with my niece when she was younger. If you're not familiar with the process - the technique I used was to cut strips or long triangles of colorful paper, coat it with Mod Podge or similar on both sides, and then roll it up into a bead on a cocktail straw. Paint or spray it with sealant and let it dry, then snip them off of the straw - ta-daa, paper beads! Great for using up old magazines and junk mail and the beads are great for kids to make stuff out of.

I have some Terial Magic spray that makes fabric really stiff, like paper. I got as far as cutting some strips and triangles out of stiffened fabric and then I had to put it all away and I haven't circled back around to it. I think it'd work, though!

Not really sure what I'd do with the fabric beads after I made them, but maybe an idea for someone with kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews and a bunch of small scraps for a rainy day project.