Old 11-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth View Post
I want to know if you collectors have a huge room dedicated to old machines. I only have my mom's Singer treadle, but I have no place to store 5, 12, or 100 machines!!
Nope, they've just taken over the house. When the house started getting so full it was hard to walk around, I got rid of other furniture to make room for the machines. We don't eat at the table so gone went the dining room set. That easy chair was ugly anyway so out it went. End tables? Gone, replaced with small cabinets. I now have a 10x12 shop and a huge sewing room in my new house so I won't be tripping over machines any more, at least not for a while lol.
As for why or how I decide what to buy, when I first got into vintage machines I bought whatever caught my eye if the price was right. Nothing too old though, mostly 1950s. Over time I decided to focus my collection and started buying more of what I really wanted and letting go of what I didn't want. Now with over 75 machines I'll be letting more go than I take in but to be fair, the total number of machines I have include 2 sergers, 4 or 5 modern machines, 3 toys, 5 embroidery machines and a long arm quilter.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 11-03-2017 at 08:29 PM.