View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Rose_P

We had a Siemens we bought in 2005. They are a sister brand of Bosch. I loved that one, and then we moved and bought a Bosch. This one is not as quiet and the racks drive me crazy - very hard to load for some reason. If I was shopping again I would take some of my own dishes to try because if a plate has a certain size curve it won't fit if the tines are too close together. Both did a great job of cleaning dishes. The Siemens had a manual that was 54 pages long and started with stern warnings to read it all the way through before using the appliance. LOL - Life is too short! Never had a problem with it. I would say to insist on stainless lining and whatever you get, buy the extended warranty. We used to never do that, but appliances have gone downhill in recent years and are guaranteed to fail sooner rather than later. The Bosch we have has a plastic trim around the handle that has cracked twice in the 3 years we've owned it. It was covered the first time, but after a year they said it was "cosmetic" and not covered. Guess what brand we won't be buying again!