Old 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Irishrose2

Why? Because I have an addictive personality and for a while I was addicted to vintage machines. Thank goodness, it's over. I have sold a blackside Singer 128, given away a 1926 National treadle and plan on disposing of more. What will I keep? My precious Elna, 2 Singer 301s (one to use, one for back up), maybe a MW early 70s machine to back up the Elna and the Singer Redeye treadle gifted to me by my son. He searched five states, so I had better keep it. The rest can go.
The worst purchase was a pretty turquoise Universal. I wanted a machine like my mother's White, couldn't find one so bought the Universal because it looked very similar. It's a left seated machine and wouldn't do for quilting, so it needs to leave. A pretty face isn't everything! The Necchi - because of the name, the shininess of the black and a great price. Nice machine and I actually like the knee control, but it's not in use, so .... The shiny black MW with green shamrocks. Enough said. Look at my name. It is in use as it's a very straight stitcher and the 301 often has a quilt being FMQed, so I need a piecer. 1925 White Family? - painted so pretty and a decent price. Second Redeye? Better decals than my first one. I'm thinking of switching out the head. I don't care if it's treadle or an e machine. Admiral - pretty 50s machine. Black, shiny and an interesting square shape. The list goes on.

Last edited by Irishrose2; 11-04-2017 at 06:40 PM.