View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 08:08 AM
OurWorkbench

Default November 4 Get-together

Our group met yesterday morning at Perkins. The people there were Paula, Dorothy, Courtney, Cheryl, Chris, Janey and John.

The principal item of interest was Courtney's grab-bag of accessories, that he purchased very inexpensively, which we went through trying to identify. Most of them were known as belonging to a puzzle box. He had gotten mainly because it had the hemmer foot for bar hemmers. However, there were a couple of items that he wasn't sure about.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583427[/ATTACH]

As soon as I saw this wire, I knew what it was for. Fortunately, I now have a 15 puzzle box. (Thank you, Cathy.) For some reason I couldn't remember how it attaches. Once I explained that it was for the bobbins, Courtney, had a better handle on how it was attached to the box.

The other item was

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583428[/ATTACH]

I was fairly confident it was a hemstitcher, but I don't know which machine it would be for. I'm guessing that it might be for a 15 as well. The only stampings on it were the patent dates. The patent dates are for US304447 and US311673 by W R Parson and only show the long shuttle type attachments.

Courtney also had a brochure that he printed out for us for the Wilcox & Gibbs portable electric sewing machine.

Paula was using the purse she had made. She talked about the difficulty of putting a zipper in vinyl or leather.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583429[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately, I kind of missed out on some of the other things going on. Anyone who wants to add to this, please do.

We all agree, how neat it is to just visit with others about our vintage and antique (and some not) machines.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails 26311-rack4bobbins.jpg   hemstitcher-unknown-machine.jpg   paula-purse.jpg