View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by imaquilter
This may sound very selfish on my part but, this is exactly the reason I DO NOT give out very many quilts. The only ones I have given out are to two people with new babies and 3 to my mother and 1 to my sister. I have however made over 60. Yes, I have kept the other 54 to myself. I have spent so much money and time on them that I could not bear to see them abused.

I would have reacted the same way you do.
I probably would have had a cow too! But like others, not have said anything or I would have lost the person as a friend. Sometimes my mouth engages before my brain.
Plus, like imaquilter says......money and time........something you really cannot replace.
With that said...IF someone is wanting a quilt and I know their lifestyle and KNOW they will take care of it, I will go the extra mile to get BETTER quality fabric for them and take a little more time. For those that don't really take care of their things,,,,well...$1 fabric, here I come, along with the most simplest pattern.
I have given away ALL of my quilts and the people who have recieved them have cherished them dearly. I have, however, included Care Instructions with some of them, as a "just in case".

But, with your quilt...I think it's a lesson learned. Just horrible what they have done, I, for one would LOVE to have that fabric you used.....I love kitty fabric!!