Old 11-09-2017, 06:07 AM
dublb

<abbr class="o-timestamp time recent_time" data-timestamp="1510235574000" title="Thu Nov 09 2017 07:52:54 GMT-0600 (CST)"></abbr>I went to Brownwood to sew w/a new DF yesterday. She has a wonderful Sewing studio. She lives on a ranch & I would never be able to find my way to her house w/o the GPS. Well it was rainy all day yesterday (Hooray!) & some of the roads to get to her house are dirt. Well I was driving along & was on a paved road. I passed a road the then the GPS told me I need to turn there. I guess the satellite thought I wasn't there yet. Anyway I stopped & backed up.....right into the bar ditch. Well my front tires were on the pavement but not the back wheels. I did try rocking the Sequoia back & forth 2 or 3 times but was just spinning my wheels (pun intended.) So I got out & looked at my situation. I saw that I was never gonna get out that way & that if I backed further into the ditch I could then turn & go out where it wasn't so steep, had more grass & less mud. Well it worked great! I went ahead, went to my DF's house & had a great time.
I worked on my Blue & Yellow QAYG UFO. It has 12 sampler 12" finished blocks. This has been a UFO for 4 or 5 years. I thought it would be great to get it done so I can give it to my DM for Christmas. I got all 4 rows sewn together & the back seams glued down ready to hand sew. I also got 2 rows sewn to each other but the back on that one isn't ready to be hand sewn.