View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Bluelady

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
I am finding that the points are difficult but it will all be ok in the end when our quilts are completed. In my opinion the beauty of the churn dash is that of the blocks and not the points. A perfectionist I am not ......
Ahh, well, I am bit more of a perfectionist I guess. I like points. But, this Is a friendship swap, not a graded exam.
But, anyone wants any help making sure that 1/4 inch allowance is all around the block and that your points will remain for the final piecing, I will be glad to help. It is usually a matter of carrying that 1/4 seam all the way to the end of the piecing, that is, not allowing the needle to slide to the edge when you get to the end of a piece you are sewing. And making sure you are doing a Scant 1/4 seam. And maybe it is in trimming the block, that is, not trimming off the allowance all around the block when sizing it.. It took me a awhile when I first started to understand that the completed Block was Not the completed quilt top and said block still need to have the extra 1/4 of sewing room all around it for the final piecing.
To me it is second nature; when I was new, it certainly wasn't. And I have appreciated all the help I was given.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-10-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS