View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Jane Quilter

I have hardwood, and some wood laminate. Why did I wait? I put it everywhere....kitchen bathroom, closets, won't look back. So easy to clean. We go barefoot all the time. All shoes are on the porch (except visitors). I do have area carpets in hall, and in some rooms. Never tile...too cold, and breakage and cleaning/maintaining grout is no fun. If you have animals or any dirt to track in, I would put hardwood in. Carpet "Hides " the dirt by letting it settle in the bottom of the fibers...so great, your house looks clean, but the dirt/ dander / fur / fleas / ants / spiders etc are still there, and you can't see what you have left behind. And the Smell is always left behind. Just because you live there, you may not smell the carpet odors, but visitors can smell it. One downside to wood floors is the grandkids can't wear socks only. Kids tend to run, and socks on wood slip. But they learn. LOL As for grit scarring, the wood laminate comes with a polyurethane finish so hard, I don't think that is an issue anymore. Good luck.